HomeTown Office / SelectmenAnimal ControlCode Enforcement & 911 House #'sFire DepartmentGeneral Assistance
Health Officer Road Commissioner & Snow RemovalRubbish Pick Up InfoTax Collections

Town of Plymouth, Maine 
1947 Moosehead Trail
Fax: (207) 257-2118 - Phone: (207) 257-4646   
Mailing Address:  PO Box 130, Plymouth ME  04969
The Plymouth Town Office

Physical Address
1947 Moosehead Trail

Mailing Address 
P.O. Box 130 
Plymouth, ME 04969

Phone:  (207) 257-4646  

Fax:  (207) 257-2118

The building is shared with the Plymouth Post Office.  Post Office (207) 257-4303.

At the Town Office you can:

  • Register Motor Vehicles (please bring current proof of insurance)
  • Register to Vote (please bring proof of ID and residency)
  • License your dog (please bring proof of current rabies vaccination)      
  • Get Hunting/Fishing Licenses     
  • Get documents notarized free for Plymouth residents  
  • Pay Taxes         
  • Register ATV's, Boats, and Snowmobiles (please bring old reg.)            
  • Get Marriage Licenses
  • Get Marriage, Death and Birth Certified copies
  • Pay Property Taxes
  • Apply for building or plumbing permits     
  • Photocopies 
         Regular (8 1/2 x 11) - $0.25
         Faxing - $1.00 1st page,       
         additional pages $0.50
         Tax Maps - Blank:  $10.00,  
         with names - $25.00
         Copy of Zoning   
         /Subdivision - $15.00
         Taxpayer Mailing List     
         electronic: $10.00,  
         commitment book $25.00
         Reg. Voter List $10.00
         Marriage License - $40.00
         Non-Res. Notary Fee $5.00

​You may pay by cash, check, or credit card. Please be aware that if you use a credit card, there will be a fee of 2.5% or $1 whichever is greater. This fee is charged by Payport, the State of Maine credit card processing system, not the town.

We are closed on all weekends and legal State of Maine Holidays.

Please call 257-4646 if you need to speak with someone in the office. If we are closed or waiting on other customers, you may leave a message on the answering machine and we will return your call as soon as we can. 

Our fax number is 257-2118. There is no charge to have your insurance card faxed to us. Other incoming faxes are charged at 0.50 per page. If you need to send a fax, the charge is one dollar for the first page, and 0.50 for each additional page.

The Town Clerk and deputy clerk provide the following services:

  •         Coordinating election administration for the town. 
  •         Voter Registration for the town.
  •         Recording and maintaining all vital statistics records (birth/marriage /death) for the town.
  •         Issuing hunting and fishing licenses.
  •         Issuing atv, boat, and snowmobile registrations. 
  •         Issuing Motor Vehicle Registrations under the direction of the Maine Bureau of  Motor Vehicles. 
  •         Serving as custodian of all official Town of Plymouth records.
  •         Administering the dog licensing program according to State of Maine law.
  •         Maintain a complete and accurate record of Selectmen's meetings. 
  •         Provide administrative support to the Selectmen.

General Information:


Voting takes place at the Grange Hall, 1927 Moosehead Trail, for all State of Maine elections. 
Voter registration takes place at the Town Office during office hours, and at the polls on election day. If you are registering to vote, please bring proof of identification and proof of residency with you. If you  do not have proof of residency or id, or if you have any other questions, please call the Town Office at 257-4646. 

Vital Records:

Certified copies of birth, death, or marriage records are available for $15 for the first copy, and $6 for each additional copy. In order to get a copy of your own vital record, you will need proof of identity. If you are seeking copies of a relative's vital record, you will need proof of lineage or relationship. You may order by mail to the Town of Plymouth, PO Box 130, Plymouth, ME 04969
 with the following form: 


OR  You may wish to order directly from the Maine State office of Vital Records. They have partnered with a company called VitalChek Network Inc. to allow for processing of orders online. 


Marriage Licenses
        fee $40
 Due to limited personnel, no marriage licenses will be processed within 30 minutes of closing time without prior approval. Please call 257-4646. 

 We appreciate receiving the completed marriage intentions form in advance if possible. An appointment is preferred, but not required. 

First, you will need to complete the Intentions of Marriage Form in black ink only, then sign it in front of a Notary Public or the Town Clerk.
You may download the form from the State of Maine website: 

​Please fill out the entire form. If you do not know the answer, you may leave it blank or indicate N/A. 

 Both parties must be present at the office to sign the completed marriage license, with proof of identification.

 If this is not your first marriage, you will also need to provide a certified copy of divorce decree. If you are a widow or widower, you will need to provide a certified death certificate. 

Please plan on 30-45 minutes to receive your Marriage License.

    ATV, Boat, Snowmobiles

Renewal registrations must bring either their old registration or the vin number from the vehicle. New registrations from a private sale require a bill of sale clearly listing the vin number, year, make and model of the vehicle. New registrations from a dealer require the vehicle information and proof of sales tax payment.

    Motor Vehicle Registrations
 If you are renewing your registration, you will need your old registration, proof of insurance, and mileage. 
New registrations:
If you purchased a vehicle from a private owner, you will need the vehicle title (for 1995 or newer vehicles), proof of insurance, mileage, and a bill of sale.
If you purchased a vehicle from a dealer, you will need the blue CTA title application, proof of insurance, mileage, and proof of payment of sales tax.

Note: IF you are required to file an SR-22 certificate, you will pay excise only at the Town Office, and complete your registration at the Motor Vehicle office. 

    Dog Licensing

Dog licenses are due annually by December 31st. They are available beginning October 15th. 
For more information, please visit the Animal Control page. 
The board of Selectmen also serve as assessors and overseers of the poor.  Plymouth has three selectmen, and they are elected annually in March. 

​The Selectboard serves in a part-time capacity as the executive arm of the government, administering, enforcing, and carrying out the decisions made at the town meeting. State laws grant the board some legislative powers as well when it comes to regulating vehicles, public ways, and public property.

Selectmen's Meetings are held on the third Monday each month at 6 p.m. at the Town Office, excepting holidays. These meetings are open to the public. If you have an item you would like to discuss with the board, please contact the town office at least one week prior to the meeting to have it added to the agenda. 

Our Selectmen attend yearly workshops and have successfully completed the Elected Officials Workshop by the Maine Municipal Association on October 29, 2019. 

Meetings are held at the The Grange Hall at 6 p.m. the third Monday of every month.

Additional meetings or date changes will be posted at the town office and on our website www.townofplymouthmaine.com

The annual town meeting is held on the third Saturday in March at 10 am at the Grange Hall. Unless otherwise specified. 

Voting for Municipal Officers is held at the Town Office the Friday before town meeting, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. 

If you are interested in running for office, nomination papers (to get your name on the ballot) will be available in December. 
Animal Control:  Karen Chase - 651-8335
Burn Permits:  Reid Farrar - 478-7422
Road Commissioner​:  Doug Colson - 341-1966
Sexton:  Doug Woodard - 249-9717
Building/Plumbing:  Randy Hall - 234-4006
Fire Chief:  Reid Farrar - 478-7422
Assessing Agent:  Maine Assessment & Appraisal
Garnett Robinson CMA - 234-2822
Health Officer:  Laurine Farrar

Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers of the Poor:  Please contact the Town Office. 

First Selectmen:  Linda Seavey - Second Selectmen:  Michael Grass, Jr. - Third Selectmen Ronald Latham