Town of Plymouth, Maine
                          1947 Moosehead Trail - Phone: (207) 257-4646 - Fax: (207) 257-2118 - Mailing Address:  PO Box 130, Plymouth ME  04969

Town Clerk
The Town Clerk and deputy clerk provide the following services:

  •         Coordinating election administration for the town. 
  •         Voter Registration for the town.
  •         Recording and maintaining all vital statistics records                               (birth/marriage /death) for the town.
  •         Issuing hunting and fishing licenses.
  •         Issuing atv, boat, and snowmobile registrations. 
  •         Issuing Motor Vehicle Registrations under the direction of the Maine Bureau of  Motor Vehicles. 
  •         Serving as custodian of all official Town of Plymouth records.
  •         Administering the dog licensing program according to State of Maine law.
  •         Maintain a complete and accurate record of Selectmen's meetings. 
  •         Provide administrative support to the Selectmen.

General Information:


Voting takes place at the Grange Hall, 1927 Moosehead Trail, for all State of Maine elections. 
Voter registration takes place at the Town Office during office hours, and at the polls on election day. If you are registering to vote, please bring proof of identification and proof of residency with you. If you  do not have proof of residency or id, or if you have any other questions, please call the Town Office at 257-4646. 

Vital Records:

Certified copies of birth, death, or marriage records are available for $15 for the first copy, and $6 for each additional copy. In order to get a copy of your own vital record, you will need proof of identity. If you are seeking copies of a relative's vital record, you will need proof of lineage or relationship. You may order by mail to the Town of Plymouth, PO Box 130, Plymouth, ME 04969
 with the following form: 


OR  You may wish to order directly from the Maine State office of Vital Records. They have partnered with a company called VitalChek Network Inc. to allow for processing of orders online.

Marriage Licenses
        fee $40
 Due to limited personnel, no marriage licenses will be processed within 30 minutes of closing time without prior approval. Please call 257-4646. 

 We appreciate receiving the completed marriage intentions form in advance if possible. An appointment is preferred, but not required. 

First, you will need to complete the Intentions of Marriage Form in black ink only, then sign it in front of a Notary Public or the Town Clerk.
You may download the form from the State of Maine website: 
        Marriage Intentions Form

​Please fill out the entire form. If you do not know the answer, you may leave it blank or indicate N/A. 

 Both parties must be present at the office to sign the completed marriage license, with proof of identification.

 If this is not your first marriage, you will also need to provide a certified copy of divorce decree. If you are a widow or widower, you will need to provide a certified death certificate. 

Please plan on 30-45 minutes to receive your Marriage License.

    ATV, Boat, Snowmobiles

Renewal registrations must bring either their old registration or the vin number from the vehicle. New registrations from a private sale require a bill of sale clearly listing the vin number, year, make and model of the vehicle. New registrations from a dealer require the vehicle information and proof of sales tax payment.

    Motor Vehicle Registrations
 If you are renewing your registration, you will need your old registration, proof of insurance, and mileage. 
New registrations:
If you purchased a vehicle from a private owner, you will need the vehicle title (for 1995 or newer vehicles), proof of insurance, mileage, and a bill of sale.
If you purchased a vehicle from a dealer, you will need the blue CTA title application, proof of insurance, mileage, and proof of payment of sales tax.

Note: IF you are required to file an SR-22 certificate, you will pay excise only at the Town Office, and complete your registration at the Motor Vehicle office. 

    Dog Licensing

Dog licenses are due annually by December 31st. They are available beginning October 15th. 
For more information, please visit the Animal Control page.