Town Office Hours: Mon- 11am to 6pm *T,W, Th- 11am to 4pm *Fri- 7am-Noon
Phone: 207-257-4646 Fax: 207-257-2118
Address: PO Box 130, Plymouth, ME 04969 1947 Moosehead Trail
Animal Control:Crystal Nichols 716-6338 Burn Permits: George Dean 341-6391 Road Commissioner:Doug Colson 341-1966 Sexton: Doug Woodard 249-9717
Building/Plumbing: Randy Hall 234-4006
Assessing Agent: Maine Assessment & Appraisal -Garnett Robinson CMA 234-2822
Health Officer: Jason Lundstorm email@example.com
Selectmen/Assessors/Overseers of the Poor: Please contact the Town Office.
Tax bills are on their way.
What you should know about your taxes:
1. The revaluation is finalized. If you did not contact the assessor regarding any errors when you received your property card, and you feel the value is incorrect, you will need to apply for an official abatement.
In many cases, any changes will be made to your property record for 2017 tax billing cycle, as the bills have already been set for this year.This also applies if you did not allow the assessor to make an interior inspection.
2. Some values went up, and some went down, and some stayed the same. The most important thing is that all similar homes have similar values, and your tax bill reflects a fair portion of the amounts necessary to pave, plow, and maintain roads, pick up rubbish and recycling, keep the lights on and the fire department running, and of course pay the town's share of the county tax bill and the school bill.
3. Overall, the increase in taxes is due to the increase in the school budget.This increase has nothing to do with building the new school. If you have questions about the school budget, they are best directed to the school board at the budget hearing and vote on August 24th at 7 pm at Nokomis.
If you wish to apply for an abatement or to speak to the assessors agent, please call the town office. (Please note that the assessor's agent does not have specified office hours at the Town Office now that the hearings are complete.) If no one is available to take your call, please leave your name, address, phone number, and a brief description of your reason for calling.The assessor's agent will return your call as soon as he is available.
NEXT SELECTMEN’S MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 29TH, 2016
1.Sign Warrants, Minutes of last meeting
4. GA ordinance and maximums adoption
5. Quonset Hut property
6. Health Officer Concerns
7. Road Commissioner concerns
8. Fire Dept. concerns
9. Comprehensive Plan update
the YARD SALE ORDINANCE
and the WASTE ORDINANCE
were both enacted at town meeting.
Copies are available at the town office
All dog licenses expired December 31st.
By State Law, dog license renewals are past due as of February 1st and a $25 late fee per dog applies. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required.
UPDATED HOTLINE NUMBER FOR SOIL PREP ODOR COMPLAINTS
-- There is a new odor hotline for reporting odors to Soil Preparations- (207)257-2437, which is supposed to be monitored 24/7/365 by an answering service company. PLEASE ALSO CALL Rick Haffner of the DEP (207)941-4331 or his cell (207) 944-7671
which was issued expressly for odor concerns when Mr. Haffner is out of the offfice.
Please call even if your neighbor has already called. These phone logs are the only record of the frequency and severity of the issues.
MDEP will not be able to confirm the occurrence of odor events unless they have the opportunity to respond and observe the odors within a reasonable time frame, so please call as soon as possible.
POST OFFICE WINDOW HOURS effective on Monday, Jan 10, 2015---
The WINDOW (access to stamps and packages) will be open 7 am to 9 am and 1:45 pm to 3:45 pm Monday through Friday.
Saturday 7 am to 10:30 am.
LOBBY access hours (to access your mailbox) will be 7 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday and 7 am to 11 am Saturday.
Questions? Call the Post Office 257-4303 during window hours.